Ain’t it strange that Thanksgiving, a holiday aimed at honoring the bounty of life, is celebrated by gathering ’round a dead bird?
We’re making it easy for you to truly honor life and have a memorable ThanksLIVING with the finest cruelty-free fare around. And, as if you couldn’t love us anymore, we scoured the internet and created themed menus based on the most delish recipes out there. Because, like you, we’ve always longed for someone to tell us exactly what to make that will appease the skeptics who might grace your table. Get ready to make some believers, baby!
- Appetizers: Devilish Potatoes; Extra Sharp Raw Vegan Cheddar Cheese Ball with fresh veg and crackers; Spinach Artichoke Dip with Garlic Cashew Cream
- The Main Events: Pecan and Chorizo Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Caps with Shallot and Shiitake Gravy
- Supporting Cast: Cauliflower and Crispy Onion Casserole; Blueberry Cranberry Sauce; Sweet and Salty Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Curried Pecans; Maple Cornbread Muffins; Flour Biscuits with Ginger-Spiced Pumpkin Butter; Roasted Green Beans with Walnuts and Rosemary
- Dessert: Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean and Rum Ice Cream; Pepita and Pecan Pie Pumpkin Bread; and Maple Cream Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust
- Beverages: Cookie Butter Latte; Mint-Infused Southern Sweet Tea
This year marks the rare occasion of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving overlapping. This calls for a kosher-appropriate menu that embraces the season’s bounty and brings double the joy.
- Appetizers: Perfect Vegan Matzoh Ball Soup; Grilled Endive and Pear Salad; Lentil Mushroom Walnut Balls
- The Main Events: Stuffed Acorn Squash; Vegan Latkes with Homemade Applesauce
- Supporting Cast: Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Apples; Vegan Challah Bread; Potato and Parsley Kreplach; Potato and Onion Kugel; Roasted Asparagus Salad with Chickpeas
- Dessert: Spiced Applesauce Cake; Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting; Vegan Sufganiyot; Peach Pie
- Beverages: Hot Apple Cider; Wines, as selected by Vegan Vine Vineyard (they’re taking questions on their Facebook and Twitter pages, just use the hashtag #veganwine)
So your guests are either (1) youngsters, (2) coming for a soft chair and a big screen to watch the game, (3) eat mostly from Boston Market, or (4) all of the above. This menu is for you. Comforting, creamy, stick-to-your-ribs classics that are unfussy and delicious, with a few unexpected twists thrown in for good measure.
- Appetizers: Baked Garlic Curry Fries; Pumpkin Cheesecake Spread with Graham Crackers; Sweet and Toasty Fall Trail Mix
- The Main Events: Stuffed Thanksgiving Burger with Homemade Grapeseed Mayo; Broccoli and Cheez Soup
- Supporting Cast: Roasted Red Pepper Mac and Cheese; Fluffy Mashed Potatoes; Green Bean Mushroom Casserole
- Dessert: Chai Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Whip; Butterscotch Cupcakes with Coconut Bacon; Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Beverages: Spiked Pumpkin Spice Latte; Craft Beer
Photo Credit: Suite ThreeOhSix
Menu: Underground Supper Club
Oh, your sister-in-law, the food writer for The New York Times is coming to dinner? Don’t fret. This sophisticated menu rounds up some of the most dazzling and impressive vegan recipes on the net. Unique ingredients, preparations, and interesting flavors make this menu perfect for those who are simply non-plussed by pumpkin pie (WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?).
- Appetizers: Smoky Avocado and Caramlized Onion Crostini; Truffled Brie with crusty French bread; Sea Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
- The Main Events: Butternut Squash, Kale, and Chèvre Gnocchi Casserole; Seitan Chops Smothered in Apple and Ginger
- Supporting Cast: Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese; Savory Sausage and Onion Corn Cake; Broiled Spaghetti Squash with Walnut-Miso Glaze; Green Beans and Tomatoes
- Dessert: Tahini Sorbet with Cardamom-Infused Halva Sauce Topped with Pistachios (that was a mouthful…); Chocolate Stout Cake with Whiskey Ganache; Roasted Apricot Ice Cream with Almond Praline Ripple
- Beverages: Roasted Apple Tom Collins; Red Wine Hot Toddy
Menu: Light & Healthy
Training for an Ironman? Wrestling with food allergies? Or just more interested in fresh, unfettered fare? This menu is for you. An emphasis on fresh ingredients and healthful preparations mean you can celebrate without dreading an oncoming food nap.
- Appetizers: Slow Cooker Chickpea Hummus with fresh veggies and crackers; Cauliflower Broccoli Pie with Potato Crust
- The Main Events: White Bean, Brussels Sprouts, and Pomegranate Tart; Butternut and Wild Mushroom Lasagna with Pecan Parmesan
- Supporting Cast: Autumn Harvest Slaw; Kale and Delicata Squash Salad with Citrus-Maple Vinaigrette; Carrot Walnut Bread; Berry Apple Relish
- Dessert: Raw Chocolate Pistachio Gelato; Hot Apple Crumble Bars
- Beverages: Figgy Ginger Fizz; Creamy Pumpkin Egg Nog