As the weather gets colder, somehow meal planning becomes even more of a drag. What to cook? What can I make with what I have? The bok choy in your fridge stares you down, as if to say, “So when are you going to use me, huh?” If this situation smacks as familiar to you, you’re going to love this giveaway!
Vegan Delish App for iPhone/iPad
In addition to being a lovely gal and incredible healthy cook, Carrie Forrest, the darling behind the amazing blog, Carrie on Vegan, developed a best-selling app (in the Top 10, in fact) for iPhones and iPads called Vegan Delish (cutest name ever? maybe).
So, what is Vegan Delish? It’s an at-your-fingertips tool that shows you how to make meals using whole food ingredients that are as delish as they are nutritious. Each recipe in the app features step-by-step instructions to transform simple ingredients into flavorful, health-promoting meals that everyone will enjoy. Best of all, all the recipes are 100% vegan, gluten-free, and made with little-to-no oil, salt, or added sugars.
Things we love? Easy-to-share meal planning tools, like grocery shopping lists (so handy!) and gorgeous photos.
Over 140 mouth-watering recipes including rock this app, including Beet Burgers, Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Peanut Butter Soft Serve (WHAT.), and Buckwheat Pancakes with Maple Cashew Cream (Double WHAT.). I mean, just look at this Peach Cobbler…
Plus, once you have the app, you automatically get all the new recipes added monthly, so you can keep your meal rotation fresh. Need more convincing? Carrie’s shared her amazingly simple Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe with us, just in time to use the season’s most beloved ingredient.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Published with permission from Carrie Forrest & Vegan Delish
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 10 large pitted dates
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (180°C) and lightly coat a 12-well muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Chop walnuts and place in a large bowl. Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, flax meal, and raisins. Stir to blend.
3. In a high-speed blender, combine dates, pumpkin puree, vanilla, non-dairy milk, and applesauce. Process on high for 1 minute.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to blend. Distribute mixture evenly among the wells and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden on top. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes before gently removing muffins.
Vegucated’s Vegan Delish Giveaway
And because we think it’s the bee’s knees, Carrie has offered to give the app to THREE lucky, lucky winners. For the rest of you, go buy it for $2.99 at the Apple App Store. It’s a steal. Entry is easy as those Pumpkin Spice Muffins and lasts until November 23rd! US residents only, please.