Throughout the fall, vegucators all over the world wanted to know, “when is the film premiering in my town?” Because of our limited budgets and bodies, the answer was often, “when you bring it to your town! Sign up to host a screening in 2012 and be part of our Community Screenings Campaign!”
And sign up they did. There were 12 people/organizations who bought licenses for January screenings. When we heard that the first two were scheduled for January, 15th in Albuquerque and Brooklyn, filmmakers and community screening organizers alike kept fingers crossed. Would people come? To everybody’s delight, come they did. From day one, the campaign launch has proven to be extremely successful, not just in the U.S. but also in Canada and Germany.
In Albuquerque, Brooklyn, Tulsa, Tempe, Sacramento, Vancouver and Berlin, the film was screened to a full house. In fact, after turning people away in Albuquerque and Berlin, the organizers saw the demand and decided to organize additional screenings after the original premiere. The pairing of food and film proved to be particularly successful.
Movie goers in Berlin enjoyed food provided by Veganz, the only full-range vegan supermarket in Europe and the organizer of our European premiere.
And this is only the beginning of World Vegucation! We have a dozen more community screenings on the calendar from Leesburg, Virginia to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Do you want to make a difference in your community? Organizing a community screening is fun and easy with the resources we provide. All you need is a screening kit, which includes:
- two copies of the DVD
- a license to show the film publicly
- a discussion guide
- custom printable fliers to promote your event
- a custom Facebook invitation for your event
- promotion of your screening through our website, Facebook page, and e-newsletter
Plus, community screening organizers in the U.S. will receive:
- 200 free samples of Mary’s Gone Crackers
- digital recipes for delicious spreads perfect for cracker dipping, courtesy of master chef Christine Waltermyer, author of The Natural Vegan Kitchen.
- a free copy of the stunning book Ninety-Five: Meeting America’s Farmed Animals in Stories and Photographs.
Screening kits can be bought in our e-store. Once you have that, register your screening and you’ll be well on your way with your own successful community screening. And you’ll be part of the movement to get the world vegucated.
Got questions? Read our handy dandy community screening FAQs!